Monday, March 16, 2009

El Paso trip














El Paso is on the far west border of Texas with Mexico. Cumberland Presbyterian Church has two churches and some ministry here. It is a home for over 750,000 people. And Chinese has been here for over a century since the construction of railroad. Our presbytery gathered here for our bi-annual meetings. I took advantage of my time here to preach in the only Chinese church in El Paso. I enjoyed the warm fellowship with the brothers and sisters. And I had the opportunity to preach and translate for myself at the service (switched between Mandarin and English). I thanked God for using me to speak to His people even though I was sick (I probably caught a cold or flu before I left for El Paso). May God continue to use this church to reach 2000 Chinese who live in this town.

No comments: